How to write a bestseller 2
From the idea to the final book
Have you also been putting off your book project for ages because you don't know how to start? Have you had a gripping story in your head for a long time, but you can't get it down on paper as a concept? In this two-day practical workshop, under the guidance of bestseller author Bernhard Moestl, you will develop both the technical tools and a concrete basis for your bestseller. No previous knowledge is required, your book projects (non-fiction and fiction) are welcome!
What is this seminar about?
In brainstormings, lectures, discussions and many exercises for the practical implementation of the contents in personal everyday life we focus on the following topics:
From idea to book
- Formulate basic statement and goal
- From expose to the concrete content
- Defining the tension curve
- Plotting or spontaneous writing?
Content and structure
- Understanding the wishes of the readers
- Planning the "Reader's Journey
- Fiction: Developing realistic characters
- Non-fiction: Designing a sequence of chapters
Hand tools for writing
- Define a language for the book
- Writing lively dialogues
- Understanding and avoiding typical authoring mistakes
Concrete work on own project
- Understanding and implementing basic style decisions
- Understanding and correctly applying narrative perspectives
- Getting to know and working out your figures
- Create writing flow and overcome blockades
- Understanding the review process
What advantage does this seminar bring me?
- You start working on your book
- You receive inspiration and motivation from the group and in exchange with a professional author
- You avoid typical beginner mistakes
- You get good results much faster
- Put what you have learned into practice